Saturday, February 6, 2016
Class Notes 2/2
Notes from our in class discussion on February 2nd. Thank you, Hannah Logsdon, for taking these!
CETA Notes February 2nd
This I Believe Essays
Teddy collected names of community members—If you didn’t say 2, send names to Teddy by Wednesday. You can also send more than two.
Info from Kurt:
1: Notice the papers behind the sewing machines stating post-sewing protocol. When you leave your station, the machine should be threaded, at stitch length 4, pattern set to straight. If your machine breaks, write “not working” on a piece of paper and put it under the foot. If three machines are like this, email Kurt, Kremena, and Dae Dae.
2: Guide to making capes will be sent by email.
Tuesday the 9th: Your cape done minus string.
Wednesday the 10th: Logo for community member done.
Georgia’s advice for working with kids:
1) Talk with you teacher to get a basic idea of the kids and their abilities
2) Show examples to the kids
3) Keep things simple and clear—I.E. don’t say both “logo” and “symbol”
4) There are lots of ways to get kids to open up about their “superpower”—collages, drawings, and writings help, and you can work from their interests toward why they have those interests, ultimately to get to the personal qualities those interests express. You don’t have to mention “superpower” right away!
5) Don’t forget to count your kids!
Posted by Anonymous at 1:53 PM