Thursday, February 28, 2013
Tuesday, February 19, 2013
Always here and Always Near, Al's Bar is bumping the entire year
I see you seeing me seeing you, riding a jazz note on this cosmic intersection. I want to send that note arrowing into your eyes, emissary to your soul, but windows shouldn’t have iron bars.
Grab a buzz just because it's you that i love.
Be my Supreme.
Doublewides, on me.
Hop in. Trim Up. Welcome Home.
Love is cold beer and warm hands swimming in a sea of quirks and lilypads.
You're a shot to the heart.
Tuesday, February 12, 2013
Here are some of the letter students from the CETA class came up with for the Minton's cluster of buildings.
Love Letters for Mintons:
· Family food fuels the fire for life
· Cheering me up when I feel blue, cause you know my name and I know you.
· Knot forgetting the roots in creating the fruits of our labor
· My heart floats in the cheese halo of a hot brown, perfected.
· Never lose faith in yourself or your stomach
· My feelings for you are as warm as the simmering soup on my stove
· I’m 4 pounds heavier when I roll out the back kitchen door; tiny porky pancakes all subsiding in my belly. You’ve got me smitten, Minton. Trapezing up Limestone to pirouette into your place to garble down gallons of coffee from Carajas, fog up your windows with my chomp, chomp, chomping all the way through your chalked up menu.
· Love is a North Limestone date.
· For you I would eat French toast stuffed with BBQ Beef
· Comfort, food for the soul. Ice cream in spring, you warm my chilly heart.